1. This or That: 5k or marathon? May seem cliche, but I definitely love both of these, depending on the circumstances. On a Saturday or Sunday morning, even after work on a Thursday, I love to go out for a 5k race. I’m the type of runner who would much prefer a race over a run by myself. That being said, I also do love training for the marathon and building up to it, along with the finish. I’m racing a Marathon this fall in September and running another one in October (more to come on those).
2. This or That: flat race in the heat or hilly race in the cold? Can I pick hilly race in the heat? With these two options, I’ll take the flat race in the heat. I’m definitely a warm weather runner, although my goal for next winter is to stick with my running routine.
3. This or That: new running shoes or new running outfit? I buy both of these far too often than I should. In fact, I forgot my favorite running shoes at home in Boston, and went to my favorite running store this morning, Bob Roncker’s in Cincinnati, and bought two new pairs. While I’ve been a loyal New Balance buyer for the last year, after a series of fittings and running down the block, I decided to go with the Brooks Ghost. I’ve fallen in love already and can’t wait to take them out for some speed work in the morning. After staring at the trail shoes for a good twenty minutes, I also opted for a pair of Brooks Cascadia. These will come in handy for the Vert Sasquatch Race in July, and hopefully a few more trail races – if anyone knows any, please feel free to share!
4. This or That: run a marathon without headphones or Garmin? Definitely the Garmin, but I do think I could go without either. I often times opt to run “naked”, without the watch, but with the races coming up – I want to closely monitor my speed, so I’ll need that guy. I can do without the headphones, and actually have in fact for both of my marathons. I often times like to talk to people and just get bored with music.
5. This or That: race because of the convenience (location, price, travel) or the swag? While I do love the swag, I’ll use any opportunity to travel to a race. The big races I often pick in other cities also usually have a lot of swag, so it’s a win win.
6. This or That: PR but result in an injury or finish strong and miss a PR? I think I’ll go with the finishing strong and missing a PR. I would love to PR every single race, but I know this isn’t always possible. I also HATE being injured, so I don’t want that to happen in the future. If I can avoid it at all costs, I will make every effort to do so (most of the time…).
7. This or That: 100 squats or 100 push ups? Squats – I don’t love pushups and I don’t think I could even do a full 100 “real” pushups.
8. This or That: run without socks or run without sports bra? Without the socks – even though I blister. I don’t think my body could withstand the no bra, although I often do run in the shirts with built in bras. Most of those, especially from lululemon, still have the bras in there that have enough compression.
9. This or That: treadmill for an hour or run around the same street block for an hour? I’ll take the same street block for an hour. I’m not a fan of the treadmill at all. I did sign up for the Last Chance to BQ in Grand Rapids, which is a loop, so I think that’s indicative of my preferences.
10. This or That: Ragnar Relay or marathon relay team? I haven’t done either of these, so I would like to do both. It’s more likely that I’ll do a Ragnar, since there’s a bigger challenge and I’m usually up for running the marathons by myself.
11. This or That: run naked or naked yoga? I think I’ll go with the yoga – enough said on this topic. (I won’t likely do either of these anytime soon.)
12: This or That: come in 4th in the Olympics or 1st in NYC marathon? 1st at NYC – I just want to win the lottery for this race and then we can get to this point.
13: This or That: give up running for 3 years to BQ but never BQ and run as much as you want? Run as much as you want – I’m attempting to BQ, but I can’t imagine my life without running.
This or That…take it for yourself and link me to your post in the comments….